To help with the transition to hybrid and distance learning, Microsoft has put together a variety of training videos and virtual events aimed at getting the most out of your M365 deployments.
LMS + M365 using Learning Tools IntegrationDownload slide deck
Canvas and Microsoft 365 are introducing new integrations that build on existing features to integrated with learning experience platforms that create seamless experiences for improved productivity and community for educators, students, administration and IT to help teaching and learning and enable the success of students.Hosted by Micah Linehan, Principal Education Solutions Architect and MicrosoftWhat’s coming soon:
- Access to Teams meetings
- Embedded OneDrive files
- OneNote notebooks
- And rich accessibility features from Microsoft … all from inside of Canvas.
- How to leverage Student Data Sync (SDS) with LTI
- How to configure SDS to integrate with your SIS
Getting started with Azure Active Directory for IT admins
During this 60-minute session from Account Technology Strategist Ryan Burns, you will learn how to use Azure Active Directory to manage your employees sign in and access to resources. This session will provide an overview and live tour of navigating Azure Active Directory basics.
General orientation and overview of:
- Roles and management
- Settings control
- Setting up access
- Q&A time
Microsoft Intune for IT adminsDownload slide deck
This webinar provides an overview of how to manage devices in a COVID world using Endpoint Manager (Intune/Configuration Manager) when they are disconnected from campus. Eric Orman, a technical specialist on Microsoft’s US Education Team, discusses:
- Extending ConfigMgr (SCCM) using CMG and/or co-management for devices so when they roam off campus they remain managed.
- Enrolling your existing AD joined devices into Intune, plus using Autopilot for new devices if you’re not using ConfigMgr.
- A brief overview of Apple device enrollment into Intune.
- How to deploy Group Policies (ADMX), manage Windows updates and deploy software and apps.
- Differences in Office and why M365 apps version of Office is better than the version that is activated via KMS.
- How to stop using KMS for Windows activations and instead use Windows Activation Service.
New IT administrator onboarding for M365 Admin Portal
M365 Admin portal is the primary portal for administering your M365 and O365 products and services. This session for IT administrators provides an overview and live tour of the M365 admin portal and questions from this interactive training session led by Eric Orman, Technical Specialist on Microsoft’s US Education Team.
This general orientation and overview of the M365 admin portal covers:
- Creating and adding users and groups, and how Microsoft leverages Azure Active Directory as the identity repository, plus how to synchronize your Active Directory with Azure Active Directory.
- Adding or migrating your custom education domain; for example, how to add contoso.edu to your M365 tenant
- Opening a Support case
- Performing license management and license assignment to users, plus an overview of the services all education customers get for free with O365 A1.
- Usage reporting
- Using the Message Center to stay informed and current with all new product releases.
- Best practices and more resources
- Q&A time
Microsoft Digital Event: Microsoft Teams for education
Join us and get ready for school with Microsoft Teams. Microsoft Teams for Education experts will share common scenarios, use cases, and answer your questions live. Topics will include:
- How to use Microsoft Teams for hybrid learning and returning to in person learning.
- Updates on latest capabilities of Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Teams.
- Examples from educators and IT staff how they use Teams today.
- Best practices for synchronous teaching and learning.
Learn how to deploy Microsoft 365 Education with a series of free technical webinars for school IT specialists.
- Deploy Microsoft 365 Education in your School
- Manage Microsoft Teams for Hybrid Learning
- Setup and Manage Windows 10 Devices
- Protect Student Data and Stay Compliant
- Ask the Microsoft Education Expert about Onboarding
Security-focused office hours
The Security STU has created new office hours focused on security, including Microsoft 365 Defender, Azure Defender, service updates and the Microsoft 365 Roadmap. including. The live, podcast-style Teams Meeting is held every other Wednesday at noon PT.
Each session features a 20-30 minute presentation, then a Q&A/open mic time to ask questions or discuss security-related topics. The subject of the upcoming talk will be posted in the Teams channel the week before.Register now
M365 Admin onboarding webinars
OETC hosted several hourlong learning webinar about navigating the M365 Administration Portal, which can be viewed below. These presentations include an overview and live tour of the interface, followed by a Q&A.
Audience: IT administrators who are new to the M365 Administration Portal
M365 Onboarding webinar: Using Microsoft Teams with G Suite and Chromebooks
Azure Active Directory
Admin Portal Webinar
Teams 101 – management, governance and VoIP Technical Session
Weekly Learning Sessions and Office Hours:
MS Office Hours
A weekly interactive broadcast for Microsoft’s Education that covers cybersecurity in education, Office 365 Admin/Microsoft in Education deep dives and service updates. Each session begins with Q&A time.
1 p.m. PT each Thursday
Recordings of Previous Calls
Azure Hour for Education
Each week will highlight an important Azure solution, customer story or partner technology.
11 a.m. PT each Friday
On-demand virtual events:
Microsoft Teams for Education
This nationally-attended virtual event covers best practices using Microsoft Teams as the digital hub that brings conversations, content, assignments, and apps together in one place. The event offers two separate tracks for educators and IT Professionals, hosted directly by the Microsoft Teams Product Group.
Who should attend: Educators, learning technologists and IT staff who support the integration, automation and administration of Teams.
Teaching & Learning Event – Day 1
Watch the recording
IT Pro Event – Day 1
Watch the recording
Teams Introduction for educators and Staff
Watch the recording