SecureIT pre-session workshop
Thank you for attending the workshop!
We would appreciate it if you’d take the time to give us some feedback so we can continue to improve our events.
- Contact OETC about the recommended cybersecurity toolset and presentation resources
- Eight actionable cybersecurity practices your institution should follow according to Jack Maynard
- How Salem-Keizer School District faces the rising tide of phishing attacks
- Learn how OETC members use KnowBe4 to prepare their staff to face cybersecurity threats.
Light Breakfast Served
Welcome and Introductions
Session 1: Ethically Hacking a School District – A Case Study
Session 2: An Introduction to Open Source Intelligence (OSINT)
Debrief on Morning Sessions: Learnings & Observations
Session 3: Tabletop Exercise – A Cyber Breach Has Occured. Now What?
Debrief on Tabletop exercise: Learnings & Observations
Session 4: Developing a Cybersecurity Incident Response Plan (CSIRP)
Wrap-up and closing
Consider these questions, both generally and in the context of your district, to help you get the most out of the workshop:
Session 2: Introduction to Open Source Intelligence (OSINT)
- How do districts protect sensitive business information from exposure to criminal hackers while also serving the informationneeds of staff, parents and students?
- As taxpayer-funded entities, what information are districts legally required to share publicly? How might that be used by criminal hackers?
- What other sensitive information do districts typically overshare (not legally required to), but could be used against them by criminal hackers?
Session 3: A cyber-breach Has occurred. Now what?
In the event of a district cybersecurity incident or data breach:
- Who is in charge of the investigation?
- Who is part of the Incident Response team?
- What documents/evidence do you use to guide you in your investigation?
- What role does each district team — IT, HR, Legal, Finance, Communications —provide?
- Do you hire outside support?If so, who?
- What are you looking for? What would help you confirm a breach of your “crown jewels”?
Note: Please do not park in front of SeaMar clinic