How to activate your Windows 8 Select Plus License Using the OETC Activation Code
Also known as: Hey I’ve got MAK activation; how does this work with Windows 8
To enter your MAK on Windows 8 and successfully activate, you can complete one of the following steps:
Command Line option:
- Open up and administrative level command prompt by typing in cmd on the modern start menu, right click on the listing and select Run as administrator on the bottom of the screen.
- Type in the following command and hit Enter:
slmgr.vbs /ipk 00000-00000-00000-00000-00000
- Click OK on the Installed product key successfully screen.
- Activate the new key by running the following command:
- slmgr.vbs /ato
- Reboot the machine to remove the build # from the desktop.
Hit the Windows+R hotkeys to open the Run box and run the following command:
This command will open the following Dialog Box in which you can manually enter your MAK:
Enter your MAK in the “Product Key” field shown above, click the “Activate” button and you should be good to go!