Join us this March for a customized iPad training to fit your specific needs. Whether you are new to the iPad and need to get it up and running, or if you are an experienced user; this hands-on, differentiated workshop covers using your iPad for organization, creativity and application into your job and personal life.
New Users: Join us an hour early to get your iPad set up and ready to roll.
12:00-1:00pm: This hands-on session covers the initial setup of your iPad:
• Adding email accounts
• Connecting to Wi-Fi
• Using the camera
• Downloading apps
1:00pm-4:00pm: This hands-on workshop covers using your iPad for personal productivity, and classroom integration.
• Consumers: Apply content specific apps and view teacher and student created ePubs
• Curators: Manage collection with Evernote and albums in Photos
• Contributors: Apps to comment and participate with others such as, Voicethread, Edmodo and WordPress
• Collaborators: Interact and learn with others using Nearpod, and Whiteboard lite and peek at uses for student responses via Google Docs and Polleverywhere
• Creators: Work with ShowMe or Educreations for teacher and student creativity
The iPad changes the way teachers and students access the web, share media, and learn on the go. OETC’s iPad Professional Development takes participants from productivity to creativity. A major focus will be on applications that can be used in the classroom to engage and ignite student learning and creativity.
Prerequisite: This workshop is 1:1 hands-on. If you are not purchasing an iPad with this workshop, you will need to bring an iPad 2 or newer. Please make sure that it is fully charged with the most current iOS. You will also need an Apple ID account setup and be sure you know your username and password.
*The iPad Mini and the new iPads have the new lightning charging connector. If you are using a charging/syncing cart you will need an adapter.
View our cancellation policies