Products and Purchasing CoordinatorApply Now Learn more
|Job Title||Products and Purchasing Coordinator|
|Position||1.0 FTE, Salary|
|FLSA||Exempt, not eligible for overtime|
|Benefits||Medical, vision, dental, life, and retirement|
|Schedule||8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday|
|Telecommuting||Salem, Oregon strongly preferred, remote available|
|Salary||$40,000-$65,000 DOE; competitive with outstanding benefits|
The Products and Purchasing Coordinator serves OETC’s Membership by maintaining the organization’s online store item catalog, processing vendor purchase orders to complete sales transactions for our member institutions, handling return requests, and following-up on unpaid invoices. This job also plays a key role with our vendor partners. The Products and Purchasing Coordinator corresponds and collaborates with vendors and advocates for our membership by proactively seeking status updates on outstanding customer orders. This is an operations-focused position, and requires strong attention to detail, excellent written communication and superior customer service skills. The ideal candidate must be able to work with a variety of computer programs, enjoy detailed tasks, and deliver excellent customer service through responsiveness and timely communication. This position works closely with the Member Engagement team, providing quote support, cataloged item updates, and vendor relationship management.
- Bachelor’s degree or work experience equivalent
- Experience with detailed oriented projects
- Proven track record working without direct supervision on projects
- Excellent writing skills with a professional voice, and the ability to take complex material and write informative and engaging summaries
- The desire to learn the ed tech industry, including enterprise software licensing and hardware
- Proven collaboration skills
Required Ability To:
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within a team
- Manage multiple projects and priorities, maintaining an acute attention to detail
- Be professional, courteous, and friendly in writing, on the telephone and in person
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Perform tasks accurately, quickly and with minimal supervision
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and conditions
Experience and Training:
Any combination of experience and training that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is appropriate. A representative way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
The ideal candidate will have at least two years of hands-on experience in a customer service role, or position of a similar nature, and be completely comfortable handling multiple calls, questions, and projects with a calm, professional and friendly attitude. Prior experience working within the education or government sector is preferred but not required.
The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with emphasis in business, or a related field and have a solid background with common customer service and office support principles of a small business.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
Online Store and Product Management
- Gather pricing updates from vendors and update our product catalog
- Quarterly review of top sellers and analysis of pricing so that OETC can remain competitive in the market
- Maintain quality assurance by reviewing top sellers for product descriptions, images, and other key attributes
- Accurately place hardware and software orders with our vendor partners
- Weekly review of orders that haven’t shipped and follow-up with vendors for order status
- Process vendor invoices by entering and matching them against OETC POs checking for accuracy for on time payment
A qualified applicant must have great interpersonal skills as they will need to communicate regularly with suppliers and maintain a positive relationship, while also delivering positive pricing and product results for the OETC Consortium.
- Provide answers to callers inquiring about items, pricing, or order status
- Follow-up with OETC members on unpaid invoices
- Facilitate, track and complete RMA requests and coordinate details with Accounting and Finance
Organization BackgroundThe Organization for Educational Technology and Curriculum (OETC) is a nonprofit that empowers educational institutions. We represent a membership of 1,000 educational institutions, united under a common belief that everyone should have access to the tools for a great education.
Consortium PurchasingOETC organizes group technology purchases, and the collective voice of our membership empowers us to negotiate better deals for our members than they could get on their own.
Community-Focused EventsWe work with our membership to invest time and money back into the educational communities we serve. OETC organizes and hosts events that support and connect educators, administrators, and leaders.
LocationOETC’s office is located in the historic downtown district of Oregon’s capital city, Salem. Our building is an easy walking distance from Salem’s many restaurants, coffee shops, and parks.
MissionTo support the needs of educational institutions in finding, understanding, purchasing and integrating educational technology. To enable and empower educators, administrators and leaders. To make educational technology more widely accessible and affordable.
Benefits and PTOAt OETC, we foster a team-oriented environment and a culture that values work-life balance. OETC employees enjoy flexible hours; a full benefits package; and paid maternity and paternity leave, sick leave and two weeks of paid vacation time.
- Health care, including dental, vision, and primary, for employee and family available after 90 days of employment.
- Employer contributing retirement – OETC contributes 15% of employee gross salary in SEP IRA
- Disability and group life insurance
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Professional development opportunities
- Employee scholarships for continued education
- Loans to purchase personal technology
- Personalized IT