Live workshops for OETC members:
OETC is teaming up with Microsoft for three IT admin webinars at 10 a.m. Tuesdays in June. Each focuses on a different aspect of getting the most from M365:
Microsoft Intune for IT admins
10-11 a.m. PT Tuesday, June 22
This webinar provides an overview of how to manage devices in a COVID world using Endpoint Manager (Intune/Configuration Manager) when they are disconnected from campus. Eric Orman, a technical specialist on Microsoft’s US Education Team, will discuss:
- Extending ConfigMgr (SCCM) using CMG and/or co-management for devices so when they roam off campus they remain managed.
- Enrolling your existing AD joined devices into Intune, plus using Autopilot for new devices if you’re not using ConfigMgr.
- A brief overview of Apple device enrollment into Intune.
- How to deploy Group Policies (ADMX), manage Windows updates and deploy software and apps.
- Differences in Office and why M365 apps version of Office is better than the version that is activated via KMS.
- How to stop using KMS for Windows activations and instead use Windows Activation Service.
Getting started with Azure Active Directory for IT admins
10-11 a.m. PT Tuesday, June 29
During this 60-minute session from Account Technology Strategist Ryan Burns, you will learn how to use Azure Active Directory to manage your employees sign in and access to resources. This session will provide an overview and live tour of navigating Azure Active Directory basics; please bring your questions.
General orientation and overview of:
- Roles and management
- Settings control
- Setting up access
- Q&A time
New IT administrator onboarding for M365 Admin Portal
M365 Admin portal is the primary portal for administering your M365 and O365 products and services. This session for IT administrators provides an overview and live tour of the M365 admin portal and questions from this interactive training session led by Eric Orman, Technical Specialist on Microsoft’s US Education Team.
This general orientation and overview of the M365 admin portal covers:
- Creating and adding users and groups, and how Microsoft leverages Azure Active Directory as the identity repository, plus how to synchronize your Active Directory with Azure Active Directory.
- Adding or migrating your custom education domain; for example, how to add contoso.edu to your M365 tenant
- Opening a Support case
- Performing license management and license assignment to users, plus an overview of the services all education customers get for free with O365 A1.
- Usage reporting
- Using the Message Center to stay informed and current with all new product releases.
- Best practices and more resources
- Q&A time