|Job Title||Renewal Specialists|
|Supervision||Operations Manager / Executive Director|
|Position||1.0 FTE, Hourly|
|FLSA||Exempt, not eligible for overtime|
|Benefits||Medical, vision, dental, life and retirement|
|Schedule||8:30 am – 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday|
|Salary||$37k – $42k DOE + up to 10% commission based on objectives|
Renewal Specialists support OETC’s members by conducting pre-sales, quoting, and post-sales support of OETC’s products and services that require an annual renewal. This position will focus on enterprise licensing, particularly Microsoft licensing. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate in a friendly manner on the phone and in email, are central to this job. Your responsibilities include providing excellent customer support, problem resolution, licensing advising, and operational support for administrative projects.
- Provide excellent customer service and a positive OETC brand experience for new and existing customers as well as vendor partners.
- Prepare licensing renewal quotes for annual renewals, particularly Microsoft.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding order fulfillment status, OETC membership, and software licensing via phone and Zendesk.
- Document customer interactions via phone and email, and update account information using Zendesk and Salesforce CRM.
- Coordinate Microsoft price list updates, generate EES quotes and assist with quarterly Enterprise Software renewals.
- Contribute to and identify potential topics for OETC Support Articles.
- Be able to effectively use CRM and order processing software
- Be professional, courteous, and friendly on the telephone and in person.
- Manage multiple projects and priorities, maintaining an acute attention to detail.
- Perform tasks accurately, quickly and with minimal supervision.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both on the phone and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within a team.
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and conditions.
Measures of Success
- Customer Satisfaction Rating
- Average Number of Tickets Solved
- Ticket Backlog – Open & Pending
- MS Select Orders and EES Quotes generated without error
- Inbox email count
- An understanding of personal computers, software, network infrastructure, and peripherals
- Knowledge of software licensing rules
- 1-3 years relevant work experience in customer-facing role(s)
OETC is a nonprofit purchasing consortium dedicated to making purchasing technology simple, reliable, and affordable to meet the needs of education. In 1983, a group of innovative Oregon educators founded OETC as a way to manage the purchase of computers and software. Since then, OETC has grown to represent the needs of over 1,000 schools, districts, universities, and libraries across the country. We now manage $50 million in sales with a nearly $2 million budget. OETC harnesses our memberships’ collective purchasing power to organize cooperative purchases through competitive bidding processes.
What We Offer Our Team
We pay a competitive base salary, offer up to a 10% annual bonus, and include generous benefits. We handle all of our training and employee onboarding at our office in downtown Salem. After your training is complete, you are welcome to work there everyday, but we also offer telecommute options for those living in Portland or other outlying metro areas to help avoid commutes. Our benefits include:
Generous Retirement Contribution. OETC contributes 15% of employee gross salary in SEP IRA without an employee contribution.
Comprehensive Health Care Benefits. OETC covers 100% of your health insurance premium for you and your family – including dental, vision, and primary care. We also provide life and disability insurance.
Vacations and Paid Holidays. You work best when you are refreshed and have time to do the things you love. OETC provides two weeks of paid vacation time, generous sick leave, and paid national holidays.
A Regular Work Week. We are a team who values work-life balance. We don’t live at our offices, and we don’t think you should either. We stick to a 40 hours a week schedule. No gimmicks to keep you in the office.
Flexible Scheduling. You are a person first and an employee second. Need to leave the office during the day to go to the gym? Have childcare needs? No problem. We don’t measure your effectiveness by the number of minutes you spend sitting at your desk.
Paid Parental Leave. To support you and your family, OETC provides for parental leave options for both primary and secondary caregivers.
Flexible Spending Account (FSA). OETC employees have access to Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for setting aside pre-tax money for out-of-pocket medical expenses or dependent care expenses.
Professional Development Opportunities. We want you to continue to learn and grow in your position. We provide access to funds to attend conferences or workshops, purchase software or online training, and more. Need something to do your job better? Just ask.
Loans to Purchase Personal Technology. As a technology organization, we know the impact these tools can have on your work and life. Take advantage of our expertise and connections to purchase your own personal technology with a zero-interest advance.
The Best Tech For You. Your work environment is important to you, and to us. We fill out your work station with a top-tier laptop computer, state of the art monitors, and bluetooth keyboard and trackpad.
Work in Comfort. Work the way you want with an adjustable height sit/stand desk, ergonomic chairs, and any other accommodations you might need.
How to Apply
Submit a résumé and cover letter using the form on the OETC Jobs Page, oetc.org/jobs. Applications accepted until September 9th.