OETC, in conjunction with our members, is compiling a list of free-to-use resources that you may want to take advantage of. This list is will be updated as more information becomes available. Last updated: 4/3/2020
Jump to a brand
- Free, full functional access to GoGuardian through the end of the school year to new customers.
- Additional tools and temporary license count increases to existing GoGuardian customers
- Higher ed and K-12 customers who use Creative Cloud apps available to students on campus have the ability to request temporary “at-home” access for students and educators.
- Adobe Connect has also extended support by offering 90-day free access to the platform
- New low-income customers can join the Internet Essentials program for two months of free service, plus they’ve increased speeds of the program from 15 to 25 Mbps
- They have also opened their Xfinity WiFi hotspots around the country to everyone. View their map to see hotspots that may be close to you.
- Microsoft is offering free Teams licenses to help with remote classrooms and learning
- Clever has partnered with Zoom to make video conferencing free for all districts experiencing school closures
- Zoom is making many features available at no charge through July 1, 2020
- SMART is offering many of their resources for free. They have also created a page dedicated to parents looking for resources for their kids while they are at home.
- AmplifiedIT has put together some great resources of their own for distance learning using existing Google resources.
- KnowBe4 has put together an on-demand webinar highlighting three important points:
- Top considerations for safely connecting to the corporate network
- Scams the bad guys are using right now to target end users
- Advice for improving social media security awareness
- Also check out their work from home resource center. It focuses on prepairing your organization for COVID-19 related scams and phishing attacks.
- NocTel is now offering free Go soft phone extensions to education facilities. During COVID-19, NocTel is waiving the per-extension cost for existing and new customers.
- Google is offering free 45 day trials of Google Voice Licenses to K-12 and Higher Education institutions, and 50% of ongoing subscriptions after the trial period ends.
If you know of additional resources, please let us know.