|Job Title||Accounting Clerk|
|Position||0.5-1.0 FTE, hourly/stipend|
|FLSA||Non-exempt, eligible for overtime|
|Benefits||Depending on hours worked|
We are seeking a motivated and detail-oriented accounting clerk to join our team. You will be responsible for maintaining an organized office, communicating by phone and email, performing clerical duties, and assisting other employees as needed. The person in this position acts with light supervision and works in coordination with a variety of other staff members. This role requires excellent written and communication skills, and a knowledge of basic office software applications, and the willingness and ability to learn other software tools.
You will be responsible for managing our accounts receivable. This involves calling and emailing members and keeping track of responses and follow-up. Accounts receivable management requires excellent people skills, both written and verbal, as well as strong attention to detail. A strong candidate will possess the ability to be thorough and diligent without constant oversight.
You will be responsible for entering invoices from our suppliers. This involves data entry, the ability to spot and resolve discrepancies, and the ability to successfully use and navigate enterprise software applications.
This role, and OETC in general, involves technology and software for all aspects of our business. You should be proficient in standard office applications like Word, Excel and Google Apps; in general, you should be comfortable with software and computers.
Because we are a small non-profit we all have other duties to keep the place humming along. This role includes basic office duties including scanning, filing, and ordering office supplies.
OETC is a calm and quiet work environment. We put in standard work hours. If you are an eager learner, a conscientious worker and thoughtful and supportive co-worker you are likely to be a good fit.
- Accounts receivable management
- Supplier invoice management
- Follow-up on delinquent orders
- Process returns including credit memos and refunds
- Review and enter orders
- Answering the phone and routing calls
- Ordering supplies
- Monitor and direct incoming mail; prepare outgoing mail for pickup
- Greet visitors to the office
- Physical and online filing and record management
Qualifications and Responsibilities
Minimum qualifications include:
- Experience in an administrative/executive support role or office management preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple calls, questions and projects with a calm, professional and friendly attitude (preferably within the education or government sector); or
- An academic background (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred) from an accredited college or university with an emphasis in business administration, or a related field and a solid background in customer service and office support principles of a small business.
- Perform tasks accurately, quickly and with minimal supervision.
- Be professional, courteous, and friendly on the telephone and in person.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within a team.
- Manage multiple projects and priorities, maintaining an acute attention to detail.
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and conditions.
Who We Are
OETC is a nonprofit purchasing consortium dedicated to making purchasing technology simple, reliable, and affordable for schools and higher ed. In 1983, a group of innovative Oregon educators founded OETC as a way to manage the purchase of computers and software. Since then, OETC has grown to represent the needs of over 1,000 schools, districts, universities, and libraries across the country. We now manage $50 million in sales with a nearly $2 million budget. OETC harnesses our memberships’ collective purchasing power to organize cooperative purchases through competitive bidding processes.
How to Apply
Submit a résumé and cover letter using the form on the OETC Jobs Page, oetc.org/jobs. The position will be filled as soon as a qualified applicant is found.