Full Time in Salem, Oregon with Telecommute Available
OETC is looking for a talented Copywriter to join our marketing and communications group. The Organization for Educational Technology and Curriculum (OETC) is a nonprofit dedicated to improving education through technology integration. OETC represents over 1,000 K-12 districts, colleges, and universities in pursuit of this mission.
The Marketing Copywriter is responsible for supporting external and internal communication along with brand building. The Marketing Copywriter accomplishes this by working to create and evolve the tone, messaging, and consistency of communication and materials across the organization. He or she will be responsible for writing copy and ensuring quality in presentations, demos and tutorials, email templates, website updates, editorial/blog content, and more. This position closely collaborates across the organization.
- Produce strong copy that engages, builds relationships, and encourages taking action
- Create copy that reflects our brand principles (voice, tone), and ensure quality and consistency across the company
- Create standards and style guides to provide guidance to colleagues as needed
- Create both long-form copy (whitepapers, articles, blog posts, newsletters), and short form copy (data sheets, decks, web copy, email, presentations, print ads, banners, and other marketing collateral)
- Responsible for conceptualization and implementation of copy from start to finish
- Work with design team to ensure cohesive message and visuals
- Collaborate with leadership as well as other stakeholders to develop and produce dynamic communication
- Collaborate with the various teams to establish and maintain our brand identity, ensuring that all supporting assets for product and marketing campaigns have a clear, consistent voice
- Participate in and encourage an environment of collaboration and creative problem solving
- Make recommendations to improve efficiency, productivity, processes, and procedures
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, English, or Marketing, preferred. (Applicable years of experience may be substituted for the degree.)
- Experience working with higher education audiences a plus
- 3+ years of marketing writing experience working for an in-house marketing and/or design team, agency or exceptional freelance work
- Must have an online portfolio or writing samples that demonstrate an understanding of digital and print mediums and writing for performance metrics
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong conceptual skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to balance quick paced projects and competing deadlines
- High level of proficiency in G Suite applications, knowledgeable in Adobe Acrobat
- Flexibility and adaptability; able to problem-solve and handle pressure well in a deadline-driven environment with frequent rush assignments; effectively cope with change and multitasking
- Proven to fit well in a team environment with the ability to maintain positive, productive working relationships; experience working with technical and creative teams
Who We Are
OETC is a nonprofit purchasing consortium dedicated to making purchasing technology simple, reliable, and affordable to meet the needs of education. In 1983, a group of innovative Oregon educators founded OETC as a way to manage the purchase of computers and software. Since then, OETC has grown to represent the needs of over 1,000 schools, districts, universities, and libraries across the country. We now manage $50 million in sales with a nearly $2 million dollar budget. OETC harnesses our memberships’ collective purchasing power to organize cooperative purchases through competitive bidding processes.
What We Offer Our Team
We pay a competitive base salary and include fantastic benefits. We handle all of our training and employee onboarding at our office in downtown Salem. After your training is complete you are welcome to work there everyday, but we also offer telecommute options for those living in Portland or other outlying metro areas.
Our benefits include:
Generous Retirement Contribution. OETC contributes 15% of employee gross salary in SEP IRA without an employee contribution.
Comprehensive Health Care Benefits. OETC covers 100% of your health insurance premium for you and your family – including dental, vision, and primary care. We also provide life and disability insurance.
Vacations and Paid Holidays. You work best when you are refreshed and have time to do the things you love. OETC provides two weeks of paid vacation time, generous sick leave, and paid national holidays.
A Regular Work Week. We are a team who values work-life balance. We don’t live at our offices, and we don’t think you should either. We stick to a 40 hours a week schedule. No gimmicks to keep you in the office.
Flexible Scheduling. You are a person first and an employee second. Need to leave the office during the day to go to the gym? Have childcare needs? No problem. We don’t measure your effectiveness by the number of minutes you spend sitting at your desk.
Paid Parental Leave. To support you and your family, OETC provides for parental leave options for both primary and secondary caregivers.
Flexible Spending Account (FSA). OETC employees have access to Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for setting aside pre-tax money for out-of-pocket medical expenses or dependent care expenses.
Professional Development Opportunities. We want you to continue to learn and grow in your position. We provide access to funds to attend conferences or workshops, purchase software or online training, and more. Need something to do your job better? Just ask.
Loans to Purchase Personal Technology. As a technology organization we know the impact these tools can have on your work and life. Take advantage of our expertise and connections to purchase your own personal technology with a zero-interest advance.
The Best Tech For You. Your work environment is important to you, and to us. We fill out your work station with a top-tier laptop computer, state of the art monitors, and bluetooth keyboard and trackpad.
Work in Comfort. Work the way you want with an adjustable height sit/stand desk, ergonomic chairs, and any other accommodations you might need.
How to Apply
Submit a résumé and cover letter using the form on the OETC Jobs Page, oetc.org/jobs. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis. The position will be filled as soon as a qualified applicant is found.